Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 47. Things happen for a reason

Went to visit baby Harper today. She is our new niece, she's 9 days old and super alert and beautiful. Within one hour of being around Harper, my daughter Lucy completely regressed back into a baby. Lucy is 22 months old, potty trained, talks on command, sleeps in a "big girl" bed and is one of the smartest toddlers I've ever seen, but she made a turn for the worst when she saw how much attention Harper was getting. All I could think about was how crazy my life would be if I had a new born right now. It was major reminder that God gives you what you can handle. Things happen for a reason and so far 2010 has been a big fat example of that. I feel a bit bad saying this but it's on my mind and I did promise to be honest. If we hadn't lost Pearl I wouldn't be where I'm at now with my disease and treatment, my health revisions and my focus to get well. I would be a stressed wreck. My health would probably be declining at a rapid rate and I would not be where I'm at today. Even horrible things happen for a reason.

5 comments:

  1. I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

    Mother Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT THE HECK!!! This stupid blog, This is the 100 time I've tried to post this dang comment...

    Thanks Andy...I love that! Mother Teresa was an incredible woman. I think I need to put that quote up on here. How are you? You're hands must be a bit better? Thinking of you always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonders of modern technology and MacDicate. I speak, it writes about 90% correct of what I talk to it about. Good thing is that it is a learning engine. I also have the Dragon Naturally Speaking for my PC laptop but it is not as good although the Dragon is the same engine that MacDicate uses. Apple has just built quite a bit more on top of it to make it significantly better. So, I don't have to use my hands as much. So I am not doing better but technology is helping me do more. Still working on the doing better part.

    ReplyDelete