Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 37. Revamp

Home life is good but David is starting to get a frustrated with the "healthy food" and the lack of beef. He told me that he hopes when all of this is over I'll start cooking unhealthy more often. My Behcet's will never be completely gone, I'll always have it but it can and will get better with time as long as I stay focused and healthy. I don't think David has grasped that this isn't a temporary change. It's a complete lifestyle revamp. I told him I had no problem cooking beef again but it had to be grass fed, minus growth hormones or antibiotics. He says okay but may change his mind when he sees the price.

I'm loving the box of fresh organic produce that we are getting every two weeks from Klesick Farms. We are also getting milk delivered every week. The nice thing about this is that it's keeping me out of the grocery store. I tend to get into trouble when I'm surrounded by delicious temptations, like frosted baked goods.

Thanks to Mom's great thrift store find we now have a bread machine so I can make our bread and sneak all kinds of fiber into it...ssshhh don't tell David it's good for him.

Listed below is a reference for Food, Inc. it's an in depth documentary about the American food industry and the American consumer, I highly recommend it. Like one of the comments on this site says "Everyone who eats food should watch this movie"

www.pbs.org/pov/foodinc/

3 comments:

  1. Hey Annie

    I am so glad to hear that your visit to Dr. Y in NYC went well. They are trying to get him to com see me at the NIH the next time I go. These darn surgeries are complicating the timing of things through. I was catching up on your blogs and was so glad to hear that things are finally going your way.

    I love Food Inc. It is one of my favorites from a long line of documentaries on the stuff that the food processors of America don't want you to know. A filmmaker here in Atlanta is doing a documentary on me. We are doing it at the prompting of Morgan Spurlock (Supersize Me) who is a childhood friend of my wife. We have absolutlely no funding but probably will have plenty after we show some of the footage. The stuff will blow your mind which you could imagine.

    Anyway, hope all is well with you. Keep me in your prayers. I am still on the slippery slope sliding down the mountain. But I still have hope that it will plateau at some point at the very least.

    Much love to you and your family!
    Andy Baarwick

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much love to you too!

    ReplyDelete