Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 45. Yes Foods

As I mentioned before I'm cutting out a lot of things that are known to make auto immune diseases worse by increasing your bodies toxin levels. My auto immune disease (Behcet's Disease) causes inflammation in my blood vessels so now I'm adding foods and vitamins that can help reduce the inflammation naturally. Today is the list of "Yes foods". Foods that are either safe to eat or actually help reduce inflammation.

Yes Foods:

Salmon (especially Sockeye, wild)
Herring
Sardines
Black Cod
Soy Protein
Bean Protein
Whole Grains
Hemp Seed
Flax Seed
Cruciferous Veggies:
~Arugula
~Bok choy
~Broccoli
~Brussels sprouts
~Cabbage
~Cauliflower
~Chinese cabbage
~Collard greens
~Daikon
~Kale
~Kohlrabi
~Mustard greens
~Radishes
~Rutabaga
~Turnips
~Watercress
Spinach
Apples
Berries
Pear
Cherries
Asian Mushrooms: Shitake, Enokidake, Maitake, Oyster
Avocados
Walnut / Walnut Butter
Cashews / Cashew Butter
Almonds / Almond Butter
Dark Chocolate (in moderation)
Tomatoes
Winter Squash
Sweet Potatoes
Oranges
Tea (instead of coffee) but I won't do it..I won't give up my 1 cup/day!

1 comment:

  1. Add vitamin Coenzyme Q10 and get your doctor to test your carnitine levels. If they are low (which they probably are) get him to prescribe levocarnitine. Both are for repairing damaged cells.

    ReplyDelete