Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 31. Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Update:
We landed in Newark, New Jersey with a thud. It was my impression that we were blessed with a pilot in training. Then we had the traffic experience from hell. It took us 2 hours to get from Newark to New York city...and it's only 15 miles away. Our bus driver had a conversation with him self for most of the trip and honked his horn more then anyone else on the road. I'm guessing his brake pedal is feeling extremely abused and I'm just feeling grateful that we didn't end up with whip lash or that I didn't get kicked off the bus for ringing his neck.

Our first stop was Grand Central Station. The name for this terminal couldn't be more appropriate. The station immediately reminded both me and mom of Italy. But we didn't stay long because my sister was anxiously awaiting our arrival at the hotel. In fact I rushed mom so much she got a little caught up in the entry gate (don't worry, i got pics of it) We battled the rush hour subway and made it to Union Square which is five blocks from the hotel.

Got to the hotel and gave my sister a great big hug, it was awesome. She's everything I knew she would be. She even gave mom and I facials at the end of the night, thank you Gina! We exchanged pictures of our Dad and asked each other question after question. We have the same hands and she has our Dad's light brown eyes, she's beautiful and I love her.

Then off to dinner and the Empire State building. The Empire State Building was amazing but the woman that walked by me and said "boots in summer?" was NOT. So what if Iwas wearing some cute black leather boots at 11 o'clock at night? I was going "Jen White" style with a cute hot pink baby doll dress over some black leggings and black boots (my new "made in Italy kick ass leather thrift store" boots). The big problem I had packing is that the forecast called for thunderstorms/rain/70's/sunshine and anything else you can imagine. Where I come from rain = boots so I kindly screamed down the hall at the woman "it's spring not summer and it's night time"

Dr Yazici at the Behcet's Clinic at NYU at 9:30 am tomorrow. Stay posted!

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

No comments:

Post a Comment