Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 35. More Yazici

Dr Yazici also said that since I'll be starting on a higher does of the Imuran I can stop taking the Colchicine in a month. He briefly mentioned other medications but said they would only work for my ulcers not potentially improve my lungs diffusion capacity like Imuran hopefully will. The fact that he agrees with this drug option gives me a lot more confidence in taking it for next year.

He also said that Imuran is often taken when woman are pregnant but wouldn't be necessary in my case. Woman with Lupus that have kidney disease take it during pregnancy because the kidney disease becomes worse in pregnancy but since Behcet's is pregnancy neutral it most likely won't be a problem. If my lungs stay where they are now while I'm on the Imuran but become worse when I come off it in a year we may have a problem. The baby break is a small risk but I have confidence that it's going to be fine. I'm not worried and it feels great!

Just another little tidbit that I didn't know; Dr Yazici's father is a Rheumie in Turkey where he also specializes in Behcet's Disease.

Vacation is over and I'm back to the grind stone. Splurged while I was in New York and I need to detoxify my body again. Monday is a great day to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment