Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 41. Giving Thanks

Today is Sunday, the day I like to reflect on my week. This week I'm thankful for Life. All life; long, short, good and bad.

This week our baby niece was born, Harper Grey Van De Grift.

This week we celebrated my Grandmother's 97 birthday and our little neighbors 6th birthday.

This week a friend of mine remembered the day her son's life was taken 11 years ago.

This week I remembered my Dad. He was murdered 14 years ago. This week I heard new stories about him and toasted to his life. I'm thankful for your life Dad and while reflecting on it I realized that it's not always about what a person does or doesn't do while they're here with us but more importantly what someones life has left behind for others to benefit from.

This is also the week we would most likely have delivered our daughter Pearl if she had gone full term. My due date was next week but because I deliver my babies by cesarean she would have been delivered a week early, most likely on Friday May 14th. Her life was short. Pearl lived for 5 months in my stomach. I felt her wiggle in my tummy for 10 days before she stopped moving. We delivered her on January 2nd 2010. She weighed less then a pound and was 10 inches long. She looked like her Dad, she had his full beautiful lips and long fingers. She was beautiful.

This week I'm thankful for all the life that fills my home and heart. The life that runs strong around me and keeps my flame lit.

1 comment:

  1. Once again you have brought tears to my eyes. And you know how hard that is to do. XXOO

    ReplyDelete