Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 40. More bullshit

Welcome to my roller coaster.

I'm down to one colchicine a day now (per docs orders) and zero Prozac. My prozac prescription ran out and for some reason didn't have any refills on it. Apparently I have to be evaluated after 1 month in order to get another prescription, which no one told me about. I ran out on Thursday and then called my doctors office on Friday after I went to the drug store to refill the prozac and they told me I couldn't. I made an appointment for next Wednesday which I later realized was ridiculous because by the time I go to my appointment I will have been off the prozac for a week and I'm not going to pay another $20 for that. Nor do I really want to be paying for another prescription every month. These damn co-pays are going to break the bank.

I was on the lowest possible dose of prozac so stopping it isn't a big deal (my doctors office said) and shouldn't experience any side effects. I don't even think it was helping me anyways. I started taking it because I got really bad news about my lung disease and was super depressed about it. Now they are giving me good news so it makes sense that I'm not going to be depressed about it. The prozac didn't do anything for my anxiety and I had to supplement with xanax, which I also don't think really helped. So the new plan of action is to attempt to treat my anxiety imbalance with natural remedies, yes once again. I will be making my first appointment with a Naturopath with the goal of anxiety resolution in mind.

Or I could just turn the basement into an apartment for myself and lock myself away from the world, then I wouldn't have any of the external influences that seem to cause my anxiety. But it is pretty dark down there and Vitamin D is one of my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment