Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 52. Reading Material

I mentioned before that I need to eat for my blood type but wasn't sure how. I've been doing some research and just finished a great book called "Eat Right For Your Type" by Dr Peter J D'Adamo and Catherine Whitney. I highly recommend it. There are items on my anti inflammation "Yes Foods" list that are on my Type A+ "No Foods" list, so it's a bit confusing but I'm working on a "Master Yes Foods" list from all the info I'm gathering. Went through the cupboards and cleaned out a lot of "No Foods" that are just tempting me. I'm also looking forward to listening to a book on tape that a friend is loaning me by Andrew Weil called "Self-Healing Strategies".

When I was in New York I met Aras Erekul in the Behcet's clinic's waiting room. He is a young man and also a doctor who has Behcets. Aras was there for his last appointment with Dr. Yazici before he left to move back to Turkey where he's from. Unfortunately he is no longer able to perform his medical duties because of the damage to his eyes and is redirecting his focus to Integrative Medicine. On the topic of Integrative Medicine he highly recommended another one of Andrew Weil's books called "Healthy Aging" but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet. Aras mentioned that he has also found Yoga to be extremely beneficial for his Behcet's treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment