Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 56. "clever title goes here"

I'm feeling better then yesterday.

I wasn't supposed to have labs done until the end of this week but because I haven't felt good for a few days I decided to go to the lab yesterday afternoon and have my blood drawn. I told the nurse that I came in a week early because I've been having abdominal pain and excessive diarrhea for 3 days, she told me it would be better to go the walk in clinic so a doctor could look at my labs immediately. The good news is that my labs look normal (at least normal for someone taking Imuran). The bad news is that this may just be how life is until I'm off this crap. I'm hoping I caught a stomach bug and am just having a harder time fighting it off then normal because of the suppressed immune system. Except I have noticed that I'm waking up feeling good and then start to have issues after I take my first dose of meds. Maybe I should start taking the 75mg's in the morning and take the 100mgs at night. That might help.

I stopped taking the Colchicine today as previously discussed with the doctor...WOO HOO!! I've been on Colchicine before and I didn't respond to it. At that time I told my home Rheumie I didn't think it was doing anything for me and I was still having constant canker sores, but he thought it may need more time. I was on the highest dose (.6mg twice a day) for about 3 months before I stopped it due to getting pregnant, I never saw an improvement. He put me back on it after I had Pearl and now since I'm on Imuran, which I am responding to well, I can come off the Colchicine. This is per Dr Yazici's advise and I completely agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment