Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 33...and then we celebrate

Our spirits were high today as we gallivanted around New York City. I was a bit more tired today then normal but I kept up and if you know my Mother you know this is a big task because she goes. I've always thought I'm fairly impressive when it comes to "going" and then I travel with her and I'm quickly reminded that I've got nothing on this woman. She's constantly leaving me in the dust looking like a lost puppy. Gina was a trooper though. She kept up great and it was nice to have someone to sit with while we waited for Mom to get her eye full. The highlights of the day; the 8 block festival/green market that started 5 blocks from our hotel (we shopped for at least 2 hours at this market). It was the most amazing street market I've ever been to (pics to come on FB). We also shopped on 5th Avenue, viewed the Flat Iron Building, the New York Public Library, then had an incredible Fondue dinner on Park Avenue and a late night stroll through Time Square. We laughed, told stories and celebrated life in a "wine, cheese and chocolate" kind of way. It was the perfect way to spend our last night together in this amazing city. Thank you Mom and Gina for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment