Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 9. History Lesson #1

New to this blog? You should start at Day 1 Drugs and Boobas so you are filled in...Enjoy!

I figured I should share the history of my symptoms with you. There are certain physical symptoms that I currently have or have had in the past. Many different things happen to our bodies for different reasons. I'm not sure if these things have happened to me because of my Bechet's or not, but it was these symptoms that have resulted in my Behcet's diagnosis.

In the beginning:
I have always had canker sores. When I was little I would get one or sometimes two at a time, but in my opinion it was probably more often then normal children. I can remember my Mother telling me to eat yogurt and we would always buy the milk with Acidophilus because she thought it would help the canker sores (it didn't). This is also where the "swish with warm salt water" started, which I now know was karma at it's best. I love you Mom!

During the same time period I had a hive like rash on my legs, it itched like mad and was red. It would come and go without reason. It started when I was a small child, maybe 4 or 5, I'm not sure exactly when it went away but I haven't had that rash in probably 15 years.

When I was a teenager I started getting pain in my eye, especially the right one. It was a constant pain and was accompanied with blurred vision. My mom took me to the eye doctor thinking that I had eye strain from reading (not sure where she got that from, she knew reading was the last thing I was doing). The Optometrist (not Opthomologist, big difference) told me I had "floaters" and it was normal and that the pain probably was just strain. I've continued to have eye pain/blurred vision throughout my life. It comes and goes. As of my last visit to the Opthomologist I didn't have any damage from inflammation to my eyes...Thank God!

That's enough for today, don't forget to do your homework and I'll see you tomorrow for History Lesson #2.

2 comments:

  1. Okay whats my homework? Or did that just go way over my head

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...I thought you were in college now? Don't you have homework?

    ReplyDelete