Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 1. Drugs & Boobas

We'll call it "Day 1", although I'm not sure there will be a "Day 2" or "Day 3", not necessarily because I'm going anywhere but the title just seems to suit the post. This is "Day 1" without Booba for Lucy; my 20 month old, who I think was determined to nurse until the very last minute (her second birthday). This was cut short due to my "Day 1" of taking a drug called Imuran. This is one of six prescriptions I am taking now...I went from 0 medications to 6 in 24 hours. I've become absorbed into the world of doctors and their "practicing medicine" shenanigans.

In an effort to relieve stress, which causes nasty symptoms of my potentially fatal disease, I've decided to blog. This wasn't entirely my idea and I like to give credit where it's due...

At my last PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) I exclaimed "FUCK" after seeing that my beautiful, 29 year old shrinking lungs are becoming worse. Mr. Pulmonary Tech Dave told me that "FUCK" wasn't a positive response and that I should start blogging. So here I am.

5 comments:

  1. Nice tongue. Who taught you that? Your mother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean to be flippant. Just testing this new communication tool. Una Mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very funny Ruby Flippant Jones...i will change my pic just for you, una mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, this one is scary. The mark of the 'whatever' on your forehead is very disturbing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that better? Where's your picture Ruby? We all want to see those beautiful straight teeth!

    ReplyDelete