Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 24. Integrative Medicine

Below is a link to a series of short interviews with people in the medical field that are pro-Integrative Medicine. Integrative Medicine is a combination of conventional Western medicine/medications and alternative/natural medicine. Integrative Medicine emphasis on many things like stress reduction through yoga, tia chi, meditation, prayer, acupuncture, massage therapy etc, and self care, personal spirituality, nutrition, exercise, a positive mind, biofeedback, herbal and conventional medications and being pro-active in your health care.

Integrative Medicine is about looking at the bigger picture not just the disease. The "Whole Person"; your mind, body and spirit. Neglecting certain areas of your life can cause disease and cause an existing disease to become worse. Different areas of your life require more attention in order to heal.

These interviews also touch on the importance of caregivers and physicians in assisting a person in achieving their goals. Maintaining positive energy is crucial. It's important to surround yourself with positive people...we feed off each others energy!

I know what you're thinking, "but Annie, you believe in God, you're not supposed to talk about energy and meditation" Let's just say I believe in Integrative Religion also...I'll post more about my God later.

These videos are inspirational for anyone who is suffering from a disease or illness or if you have a loved one with health problems.

Cut and paste this link into your web browser!
http://www.pbs.org/thenewmedicine/interview.html

Also, check out the documentary by Dana Reeve called;
"The New Medicine" (if you have netflix it's available as "Watch Instantly" also)

Today:
Finally started reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen, borrowed it from my mom. Thanks Mom...hopefully I won't loose it again. Yoga today. My breathing seems easier lately but I have a couple areas in my mouth where ulcers want to pop up. They're not full blown yet but they're fighting to be. I'm just hanging out "In the Waiting Line" (AndyBarwick.com) for my CT results.

No comments:

Post a Comment