Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 14. Medical Records

Start at the beginning...Day 1. Drugs and Boobas

So I took the advice of many others who have this disease and requested my medical records to keep at home. Since I'm still shopping around for a Pulmonary doctor it's a good idea to have my stuff on hand. I requested all my records from Pulmonary, Cardiology and Rheumatology. I have to say it's kind of a hefty bundle. I needed to show my ID to pick them up last week and of course the woman on the phone told me it was somewhere it wasn't so I ended up all over hell trying to find them. Once I finally did find them, they didn't have the films. I didn't have time for all the bullshit so I left.

Then I got home and sorted through all of it. They didn't send me the results of any of my PFT's so I had to call and have them sent (since there was no way in hell I was wasting my gas to drive back over and pick them up). I received the second package in the mail on Saturday and it was still missing some PFT results. I called again and they are resending them again, for the third time. Why do I always feel like I'm saying "again"? Third times the charm, but I still haven't got my films (x-rays, CT scans and echocardios).

I have it all organized in a binder and ready for the new doctor on Friday and New York next month. Anyone who knows me is laughing because I'm ultra organized, unfortunately it's medical records I'm obsessing over today. Wishing it was something else like maybe receivables from my catering accounts.

Today:
Feeling good today. Had my blood drawn two days ago and I'm praying that my liver is happy with the new meds. The last of my canker sores are healing up and hopefully that will be the end of them for a long long time. I want to say the "R" word but I don't want to jinx myself. Trying to stay positive but sappy songs and movies still hit me hard. We went to church yesterday and prayed with some wonderful people. I'm lucky to have such a great husband and friend that wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Did a cardio/muscle conditioning class today. Still don't seem to have a problem breathing with exertion or exercise. I'm not sure why. I can be doing nothing and have to take a deep breath every 5 minutes, except I'm only able to get a deep breath about 1 out of 5 tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment