Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 6. Giving Thanks!

New to this blog? You may want to start at the beginning...Day 1

I spend a lot of time talking about my Behcet's Disease on this blog and I'm sure reading about it can be a bit miserable. So I decided that Sunday is a good day to reflect on my week and give thanks to the people and things in my life that made my week wonderful! Here it goes...

~Thank you Dr Nyugen (my home based Rheumatologist) for having a sense of humor on Monday. He told me that my pregnancy test came back positive (he was kidding)....I almost pooped my pants in the middle of the doctors office. And for getting my referral into the UW (so I don't have to go through the review process. This is awesome cause now I don't have to pray they accept my case).

~Thank you Dr Roehl for giving me the referral to the doctor in New York and for fighting for me...Dear Group Health, please pay for my Dr Yazici apt next month. Sincerely, Annie

~Thank you Rod T for staying up late with me Saturday night when I couldn't sleep and for talking about my disease with some really incredible people.

~Thank you my two new Behcets friends (Shari and Lynda) for sharing your stories with me.

~Thank you Christine for the reminders this week that God loves me and listening with an open mind about my abstract views.

~Thank you Tami for not being satisfied with just knowing that I was crying while chatting with you on FB and calling me so you could actually hear me....you're funny

~Thank you Mom for watching Lucy this weekend so Dave and I could spend some much needed time together...I got to sleep in till 10:40am!!!

~Thank you big sister Gina for giving me something so incredible to look forward to.

~Special THANK YOU to everyone who is following me and reads my blogs. It means a lot to me, and I'm grateful you take the time to be informed. Thanks for caring about me and my cause.

~Thank you Lily (my 8 yr old daughter) for accepting the answer I gave you to your question; "are you going to die?" My answer; "well, we're all going to die...but I don't think I'm going to die today"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing with me Annie. It sounds like your life is completely changing and that you are losing control over things that we all take for granted (our health, lifespan, eating "healthy" foods...). Sometimes this is the only way to actually wake up and live for what matters most. I appreciate your honesty, humor, and emotion. I wish this wasn't happening to you. I also see a side of you emerging that maybe you didn't realize could...can't wait to keep reading, talk to you more, and see where the raw broccoli eating, anti prozac, one day at a time Annie ends up a year from now. I think you'll surprise yourself and you'll inspire others along the way. PS Who knew your stong personality would end up saving your life in the end? I chalk it up to more than chance/coincidence...hang in there are go get em!

    ReplyDelete