Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 81. Boring Blog

My girlfriend called me today and told me my blog has been boring lately. This is my bestfriend from school that admitted reading "the stupid thing about once a week" and was disappointed when "there hasn't been anything good on it" the last couple weeks. Gee, I'm sorry. I would be a liar if I told you that my blog is boring because my life has been boring. My life has been hectic and crazy. We had company from out of town then I left out of town. We had dance rehersals and recitals and PTA meetings, doctors appointments and orthodontist visits.

So Tami...here's some news for you.

My Depo shot has gone sideways and I've been on the last day of my period for over a month now. This has put a damper on the bedroom activities which puts both David and I in a rotten mood (I'm sure the additional hormones don't help). The developing bitter attitude has taken it's toll and we've been arguing a lot lately. The extra stress of has given me some ulcers. The nice thing about being on the Imuran is that the ulcers disappear as fast as they show up. Although it also bursts my bubble for the idea of having a 'Behcet's free' life after Imuran unless all stress factors are eliminated. That being said...I'm coming off everything in September. I honestly feel in my heart that this is not the right path.

The conclusion to the birth control malfunction issue is; I'm starting on a low estrogen birth control pill. Estrogen increases the chances of blood clots and since I have Behcet's I'm already at risk for clots. Why am I taking it then? I figure since the Imuran is killing the part of my immune system that causes inflammation (which causes clots) I should be safe.

No Imuran = No birth control

1 comment:

  1. Well, the "boring complaint" did result in a post about sex, drugs, and maybe some rock and roll, lol. I'm sorry your drug therapy is so lame, I don't blame you for wanting to stop it. Hang in there lady love!

    ReplyDelete