Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 59. Example

This morning was a perfect example of how my life works most of the time.

Thursday morning is Yoga, except I haven't been in a few weeks. Last week I was sick. The week before that Lucy threw a fit in the childcare before I was even able to start the class and my friend who was supposed to meet me there for her first Yoga experience ended up being 10 minutes late. Which if you have ever done a Yoga class you know the first 10 minutes is detrimental. With Lucy throwing a fit and my friend being late we decided to bag the idea, pack up the kids and head to Trader Joe's instead.

This morning at about 8:30am the same friend sends me a text asking if I was going to Yoga. My reply "I should". She says she wants to go, so reluctantly I change my clothes, pack Lucy's bag and drop Lily off at school just in time to get another text from her saying that she can't make it because of an appointment she forgot about. My first thought; Awesome! I was off the hook so I headed back to the house to sit on my lazy ass in the morning sun and read my book. Got home unloaded Lucy and the bags, just in time to get another text that said "Oh no thats this afternoon I can still make it". Now I'm getting a little irritated but secretly happy about being held accountable. We load back up and head for the gym, again. I put Lucy in childcare, go to class and wait and wait and wait. I spend the first 15 minutes of class trying to be "centered" and "united" while constantly looking over to the windowed wall to see if she is peering in. In between poses I put away the mat I had laid out for her and try to refocus on my form.

Suddenly I realize that it's about time for the ladies in the childcare to come get me. Usually about 20 minutes after I drop Lucy off she starts freaking out, if not immediately. So I start looking out the other windowed wall, the one that faces the childcare door. Then I start laughing, it's dawned on me that this is by far the hardest Yoga I've ever done. I'm sweating, my legs are shaking, I feel like I'm going to puke and I may just even shart. Not because I'm not focused, although that totally screwed me up for the rest of the day, but our Yogini must have woke up this morning with a wild hair up her ass.

It's a good thing that my friend wasn't able to make it (she had to go see her mother unexpectedly). She would have been scared to death to go to another Yoga class after this mornings.

2 comments:

  1. uhhhhh ha hahahahaha you said "Shart"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...just for you Sarah, I'm sooo glad you appreciated it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete