Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 64. Tracks

Went and got my blood drawn today. I opted for the opposite arm then last weeks draw, you know, to mix it up a bit. "Dung" was the name of the guy who drew my blood today, no I'm not kidding. His name made me laugh and that put me in a better mood.

Last week I volunteered to help at my daughter's end of the school year carnival. I was an official 'carnie' for an hour. It was the first hour of the carnival so the kids were hot on the game trail. I was in charge of the toilet paper toss. Fun game but not in the blistering sun, thankfully I had a tank top under my long sleeve shirt. My blood draw from days earlier had left a nice mark in my elbow pit. I had forgotten about it until after I had already stripped down to my tank top.

If you know me personally then you know I can easily be mistaken as a drug addict since I truly am a little nutty at times, especially when I'm hanging out with a bunch of silly kids and throwing rolls of toilet paper at a toilet. I hesitated after I realized the bruise was there, for a minute I thought that my track marks actually complimented my new 'Carnie' roll but quickly decided to save myself the grief of gossip and put my long sleeve shirt back on.

Luckily the days of bi-weekly blood draws are getting close to being over.

1 comment:

  1. You may want to sit down for this. My name is Leslie & I have been very sick since April 2009 but just recently diagnosed with Behcets. I too experienced childhood ulcers in the same manner as yours few smaller ones spread out over long periods of time. Anyway, as of the June 31, 2011 I began having breathing problems...severe shortness of breath & chest pains. Numerous ER trips & hospital stays. Recent echo & PFT. Both showed what was causing the shortness of breath. My Rheu explained to me that my gas exchange is abnormal. I cant oxygenate my blood bc of the low amount of gas exchange. I definitely have restrictive lung disease most likely Pulmonary Hypertension & Ive got to see the Pulmonologist in order to know definitively.

    I know all about feeling alone. I am in my house for weeks & weeks sometimes without being able to get out. You are the only person I know who experiences the similiar lung involvement as I do. I have GI involvement(chronic & severe diarhea & GI ulcers, uveitis & eye problems, arthritis, skin lesions, oral & genital ulcers, CNS involvment-personality changes & periods of short term memory loss, & tremors.

    I have a website as well with my entire story & daily journal entries along w pics. If you would like to visit my site, you are more than welcome to & share with anyone as well. We need to educate as many ppl as we can, right? I absolutely will be following you & hopefully talking with you soon!! God Bless You

    caringbridge.org/visit/lesliekennedykeel

    ReplyDelete