Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 65. Dr Russian....agian

Had an appointment with my Pulmonary doctor this morning.

Dr Russian telling me things I already knew......$20

Gas to drive to the doctor for nothing in return......$3.19/gallon

Discussion with Dr about whether or not the word "Behcet's" is French or Turkish......Priceless

On a serious note, Dr Russian still recommends that I have another PFT in 6 months from when I started treatment. From the limited literature Russian found regarding Behcet's and low diffusion capacity he doesn't think my lungs will get any better but will most likely not get any worse. He also received the information from Dr. Yazici.

"I don't like to be too optimistic so my patients aren't disappointed" (Excuse me...what?)

My CT scan was normal (we already knew that) and he wasn't surprised (neither were we). He got a hair cut and has 2 daughters (things we didn't know). Overall, I still like him.

BTW: Hulusi Behçet is the Turkish Dermatologist that Behcet's Disease is named after. 10 pts for patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment