Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 96 & 97 Giving Thanks, parties and 'stuff'

I've been busy the last few days with parties. I went to a baby shower yesterday and was supposed to make it to a birthday party also but wasn't able to do both. Today was another birthday party for my friends little girl. These little gatherings are great for visiting but horrible for my diet and I've been slacking lately.

I'm frustrated with myself because I want to be self sufficient once I'm off the Imuran. I want to be able to manage my disease without medication. I know this is the goal for many disease sufferers and many times it doesn't happen as planned but I have to at least try. I have been doing a little yoga daily at home but can't seem to get to the gym. There was a big chunk of time when I was first diagnosed that I secluded myself from many people in my life. It was sad and depressing but much easier to pay attention to what I was doing.

Today I got a little crazy. David and I had been discussing the 'stuff' that invades our life and space and by 'discussing' I mean he bitched about all my crap. He started to go through some of Lucy's toys and pulled out all the "baby toys" to get packed away. Lucy is turning two in 6 days and it was time to start going through stuff. I had a hard time with this and realized that I was boarder-line hoarding. In my manic moment I thought I would get rid of all the baby stuff and even my incredible collection of maternity clothes. What's the point anyways right? I talked myself out of it and decided to get rid of all the crap that's sitting around collecting dust.

This Sunday I'm thankful for God leading us to a great church. We've struggled with finding a church to call ours for a long time and I think we finally found one!

No comments:

Post a Comment