Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 94. Tripoding

Here in the beautiful pacific northwest it got up to 95 degrees and it's not treating me too well. My body is achy, especially my knees, my breathing is the worst it's been in months and I'm crabby as hell.

David asked me last night how my breathing was because he'd noticed that it's been getting bad. I like to ignore it and I get a little frustrated when someone mentions it. A couple weeks ago Lily asked "Mom, why do you always do that?". I didn't know what she was talking about and replied with "do what?" She demonstrated it for me by slightly leaning forward, hunching her shoulders and then put her hands on her hips. This is called "tripoding", and I do it sometimes to get a breath. I've been doing it for so long that I don't even realize when I do it anymore. I didn't think it was necessary to give her that explanation so I gave her a the short answer "sometimes I have a hard time breathing and it helps".

No comments:

Post a Comment