Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 226

My last post was a little dark and gloomy. Sorry about that. I decided to go off my Imuran last week. My husband and I talked at great length about it and decided it would be the best thing for our family. I feel outraged that I have to take this damn medicine. This is the time in my life when I'm supposed to be having babies and building a family. David and I both want another child before our youngest gets much older. If I complete the full two year treatment our daughter Lucy would be 5 before our last baby is born.

I went off the Imuran for 1 day then started back on it. Part of me is scared to stop it and the other part is desperate to stop it. I'm going to go back to my original goal of 1 year.

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing. Tough decisions, definitely, but its such a sigh of relief when you just make the call and stick to it! Good luck, of course, you will be outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had Behcet's for a long time...it does not act like other disease processes. I found the right doctor and treatment has been a life saver. I alsp have Neuro-Behcets and had an aneurysm in 2008, TIA's in 2008 and 2007, DVT and a PE just this year.I lived through all of it and it puzzles the Docs at times. Behcets disease processes usually do not respond like others who do not have Behcets.The reason is not known but it could be that the cause is different.

    My lungs are full of nodules and inflammation,I will skip the PFTs, but I am doing great on Cytoxan this year;tried a lot of other more common medicines first.
    I am now 50 years old now and have all the criteria for Behcets. (ulcers, joint pain, rashes,eye problems but did not go into all the normal symptoms)I picked the things most people might not experience and some things people are scared of. I cannot figure out how to have fear and faith at the same time! So, I pick faith.

    I have had Behcet's for least 20 plus years.I tested positive for both HLA5 and HLA51.
    I believe anything is possible I am a live and have not given in to this disease. My goal is to learn about this disease and help others find ways to overcome the obstacles and find the right treatment. I think you are brave.

    I have scars and damage from it but if there is one thing I could do and say to take the Behcets a way for you I would. I always remember to have hope and it helps me.
    BEST WISHES to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting....I'm sorry to hear about your aneurysm but so happy to hear about your successful treatment...I hope I make it to 50.

    ReplyDelete