Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time to reach out.

Hello Dr Yazici,

I visited you in 2010 with an informal Behcets diagnosis manifesting in restrictive lung disease, ulcers and skin rashes. I'm 32 female without uveitis When I came to your clinic I had started on 100mg daily dose of Imuran after many failed attempts of Prednisone treatments. Dr Thuc Nyuegen is my Rheumatologist here in Washington State at The Everett Clinic.  I believe you had some previous correspondence with him regarding my case. When I visited you you changed my treatment plan to 175mg/day for two years. I have since been off the Imuran for over a year and just recently developed psoriatic arthritis in my hands, fingers, toes and feet. I'm currently on a 20mg per day, and a weekly increase taper by 500mg of Sulfasalazine. I'm on week 3, 1000mg in the morning and 500mg at night, the taper will be complete next week when I reach 1000mg in the am and 1000mg in the evening. I'm looking for advice on this treatment plan. My swelling and pain is extreme. I'm using a wheelchair in the mornings and I'm not feeling much relief from the medication. I understand that it can take time for the sulfa to work. I do not have any ulcers at this time, my lungs appear to be functioning well (I haven't seen my Pulmonologist yet) Do you agree with this treatment? Any suggestions? Should I come see you again? Thank you for all your help! Hope this email finds you happy and in good health.

Ps. I've cc'ed my mother in this email as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment